Monday, April 19, 2010

What I wrote today


Today was a pretty awesome day. Not easy, but awesome. Some glory and disapointment. I just had to share with a yahoo group that I just joined how its been over here since joining the group.
Hello new friends,

For the last week I have been reading through the daily digests from this group and saying my prayers for you all while I read. I am so glad I found this group of brave mothers! I say brave because at the sight of my mounting laundry, screaming babies, popcorn lunches, I think about how all of you just take it all on. I think about how we all get through our days, minute by minute with only the grace of God to keep our heads and our hearts in place. 

For me you have all been an inspiration and a source of comfort that I can do this, and that God has a great plan for our family.

Just the other day after hours of looking for a solution to our home schooling issues and temptations to just put the kids in school because there was little school getting done here, a friend of mine suggested Classical Liberal Arts Academy. At first I just wanted to brush it off because my first thought was, yes its wonderful, yes, we can't afford it. But my friend told me to just look into it and see if it might be a good fit. She also told me that CLAA is not financially motivated and there is financial aid. So after a few hours of researching the website, sending an email asking how their financial aid might help us. I was almost floored at the response I got. I was thinking, yeah right, sure they are just gonna give away this program  *sarcasm is evil*, c'mon who could ever be so trusting?

CLAA's response was, (and I am paraphrasing here) just to go ahead and enroll the kids, we would be happy to have all 7 of your school aged children, don't worry about the financial part, God will provide, all that is required is that we trust and obey him. 

For me this was HUGE. This meant that we are doing the right thing and NOT having any money, NOT having any time, plain old NOT having of anything, is NOT a reason Not to CATHOLIC home school :) 

I am so grateful for this opportunity. So now the plan is to pray, trust, and obey :)

I just wanted to share this with you. (thanks MJ)

No comments: